Fundraising can be lots of fun and at the same time you can help children become literate for life.
There are many ways you can get involved, from cake sales to quizzes to sky diving.
£5 pays for one reading session with a reading helper.
£330 supports one child for one year.
£1,000 supports three children for one year.
Read on to find out more or contact us on 020 7729 4087.
There are lots of ways you can fundraise for us and we can provide you with all the support you need! Contact us on 020 7729 4087 now to get:
- Free fundraising materials
- A fundraising guide packed with ideas
- Organise a book swap – get a group of friends together to give away unwanted books in return for donations
- Organise a dinner party – invite your friends and ask them to make a donation in return
- Auction a day of your time
- Take part in a sponsored event
Let us know what you’re planning and we’ll stay in touch to see how you’re getting on!
In a group
Fundraising together is great fun and we can offer our support by:
- Providing a fundraising guide full of ideas
- Coming to speak to your group to inspire them to help
Lots of groups help us with fundraising:
- Are you a member of a book club? You could organise a special fundraising event
- Rotary club – is your club looking for a charity to support?
- Sports club – organise a sponsored event
- Other clubs – if you’re a member of another club, get in touch and we can give you ideas
For advice and resources, contact our fundraising team on 020 7729 4087.
Could your school help us raise money to help give children a brighter future? You could organise:
- A non-uniform day
- A sponsored read-a-thon
- A cake sale
We can help you by sending a fundraising guide with lots of ideas. Please contact our fundraising team on 020 7729 4087.
Could you raise funds for us in your workplace? Lots of teams have helped us invest in the next generation of readers through a range of activities – from a sponsored bike ride for all the family to range of events such as growing a moustache for a month! We can help you with ideas and also come and speak about our work to inspire your team.
You could organise:
- A cake sale
- An office book swap day
- A coffee break quiz
- The Office Olympics
Contact Liz Bennett on our fundraising team for more ideas, advice and a fundraising guide.
Looking for the ultimate challenge? Take a look at our Corporate Challenge page for a different approach.
You can give the gift of reading through choosing VRH as the beneficiary of your alternative gift list.
It’s very easy to set up a just giving page instead of receiving traditional gifts. You could ask people to donate instead of buying you presents for your:
We can help you organise this & thank anyone who donates. We will also provide you with a certificate with the total amount you raise.
In tribute/legacy giving
You could leave the gift of reading in your will to help inspire the next generation of readers. Or you can set up an in tribute fund to help celebrate the memory of a loved one.
Our fundraising team can help you find out more – please contact them on 020 7729 4087.
Support us online
You can follow VRH on Facebook and Twitter. We also have several ways you can give online:
- When you shop at Amazon we get 5% of your total purchase if you go through our Amazon link
- You can give when you buy and sell on Ebay
- Visit Give as you live
- You can set up monthly giving or make a one-off donation by clicking our Donate button at the top of this page